- 22 August 2019
Based in Brisbane’s West End, we've established ourselves as a highly effective team, with some amazing wins to protect this incredible place we call home.
We've achieved a lot over the years.
The majority of these wins have come about with the amazing work of volunteers just like you:
- Daintree Rainforest logging stopped, 1987
- Wet Tropics Rainforest World Heritage Area (including the Daintree), 1988
- Fraser Island logging stopped and declared World Heritage area, 1992
- Starcke property (225,000 ha) saved from overseas sale in 1993 and handed back to Traditional Owners in 1999
- Stopped sand mining at Shelburne (Cape York Peninsula), 2003
- Broadscale land clearing stopped and 20 million ha of native woodlands protected, 2004
- Queensland Wild Rivers Act, 2005
- Wild River declarations: Gulf of Carpentaria in 2007; Channel Country in 2011; Cape York (Archer, Lockhart, Stewart) in 2009
- Wenlock River on Cape York Peninsula declared Wild River; stopped mine proposal and saved area now known as Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve, 2010
- New Aboriginal-owned/managed National Parks on Cape York Peninsula, and support for first Indigenous Protected Area
Brisbane Campaign Centre
Upstairs, 67 Boundary Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101
(mail to: 3/67 Boundary Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101)
We host monthly volunteer meetings, where we share campaign updates, discuss what’s coming up and get your input on how we can protect the environment for all Australians.
We also hold regular welcome nights for new volunteers — find out how you can get involved and share your skills and ideas!
Our community organising training weekends are held every 1-2 months. The skills you'll learn will be invaluable for you, giving you the tools to win campaigns and so much more. It will give you the ability to empower your community, build effective teams and create solutions to achieve our shared vision.
Search for upcoming events near you here.
To find out more, call us on (07) 38461420 or email email@example.com.