Will you stand with us against the bulldozers?
Our beautiful native forests, and all the plants and animals that call them home, are under threat. Donate today to break the chain.
The bulldozers are back in a big way—in 2015, Australia hit its lowest tree-cover in 40 years.
Some of the horrifying facts about land clearing are:
- Emissions from this sector increased more than 10 times faster than any other in 2015.
- Around 20% of Australian mammals, 7% of reptiles and 13% of birds are listed as Extinct, Endangered or Vulnerable.
- More than 100 species have become extinct in New South Wales in the last 200 years.
- Currently 1,700 animal and plant species are at risk of extinction, including the koala.
- In Queensland alone, an area the size of the MCG is cleared every three minutes.
- The koala, one of our national icons, is now listed as vulnerable in Queensland and New South Wales.
We know that people power works. Public pressure helped get some good, responsible land clearing laws passed in NSW and Queensland in 2003 and 2004. We need to get together to create an even bigger movement for lasting change.
Can you support us today?