- Call (02) 8574 5000. A friendly staffer will pick up the phone.
- Say your name and where you’re from.
- Ask that the Premier stand up to PM Turnbull’s bullying about fast-tracking the Narrabri Gas Project in the Pilliga. [Reminder: be respectful :)]
- Go to our Facebook page and let us know how you went!
That’s it! If you want to say more, here are some pointers:
- Explain why this is important to you.
- Ask that the full and most rigorous process be followed to assess this risky project.
- The Federal Government’s Independent Expert Scientific Panel and numerous other independent experts argue that the Environmental Impact Statement for the project was not adequate.
- Scientists highlight that the Pilliga CSG project could cause the water table to drop by 2m or more.
- There is no disposal solution for over 430,000 tonnes of salt waste that the project would produce.
- The project threatens the critical southern recharge area for the Great Artesian Basin, the lifeblood for inland Australia.
- A record 23,000 submissions were lodged in response to Santos’ application for the project—98.7% of these opposed. These objections, plus over 96% of landowners right across North West NSW surveyed also oppose this project, must be carefully scrutinised and respected.
- We do not need risky, expensive CSG fields in NSW. We need Federal leadership to reserve some gas for domestic markets.