News - 01 April 2017
How to: Call Environment Minister Josh Frydenberg about Leadbeater’s Possums
- Call (02) 6277 7920. A friendly staffer will pick up the phone.
- Say your name and where you’re from.
- Ask that Minister Frydenberg keep the Leadbeater’s Possum listed as critically endangered. [Reminder: be respectful :)]
- Go to our Facebook page and let us know how you went!
That’s it! If you want to say more, here are some pointers:
- Explain why this is important to you.
- Ask that the Minister cancel this review of the Leadbeater’s Possum’s listing status—or, at the very least, make sure the process is transparent and science-based.
- The science is as clear now as it was two years ago, when the previous Minister ‘emergency listed’ the possum as critically endangered. It’s still an emergency.
- The possums were listed because their habitat is being destroyed by logging and fire. The situation now is worse, not better.
- Protecting the Tasmanian Freshwater Lobster was a good move. Downgrading the listing of the Leadbeater’s Possum is a terrible move.
- The Leadbeater’s Possum is the faunal emblem of Minister Frydenberg’s home state of Victoria.