Jobs - 10 January 2020
Position Vacant: Fundraising & Operations Officer - Adelaide
- Salary range $60,099 - $81,954 pro rata
- Part time at 0.8 FTE
- Fixed term
Our Purpose and Goals
Our Core Purpose is "to protect, promote and restore wilderness and natural processes in South Australia", and also to contribute to national initiatives to achieve this objective across Australia. In South Australia, we aim to continue to build on our record of securing the highest level of wilderness protection for 1.8 million hectares of the most intact wilderness in the state. This includes much of the Nullarbor and offshore islands in the Great Australian Bight, together with Marine Parks and sanctuary zones in South Australian coastal waters.
This dynamic position will have responsibility for:
- collaborating with the Board and staff in the development of a Fundraising Plan to support state campaigning, and the management and execution of tasks within the Plan, and
- providing operational support to The Wilderness Society South Australia’s office.
All Wilderness Society employees are employed under a Multi-Enterprise Agreement, and the position is initially being offered for a 1-year term, at 0.8 FTE.
Fundraising to support organisational campaigning
- Create and implement a fundraising system and annual plan, together with the The Wilderness Society South Australia Board and staff, to deliver supporter stewardship plans for high-value supporters, including bequestors, legacy donors, middle and major donors and prospects.
- Develop and implement a systematic approach to actively engaging with members and supporters through digital platforms including but not limited to online calls, webinars and face to face presentations to increase giving
- Maintain effective records, to ensure compliance with legislation and The Wilderness Society Policy.
Operations support (training will be provided)
- Minor financial tasks, records and contracts management, and maintaining office facilities
- Assist with the effective running of Board meetings, including support as required
- Ensure that statutory and other compliance requirements are met.
Skills and experience required
- Substantial past experience in a fundraising position, and at least three years’ experience in a similar role
- Database management, particularly previous experience in managing and maintaining a CRM database
- Office administration experience, and substantial planning and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise demands, meet deadlines and to work under pressure
- Excellent networking, communication and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a range of people
- Digital literacy and proficiency in systems including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work both independently and interdependently as part of an agile and collaborative team.
- General knowledge of environment issues in South Australia and a proven commitment to, and understanding of, the not-for-profit culture
How To Apply
To apply, e-mail a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) that addresses the skills and experience requirements, and a curriculum vitae, to email@example.com.
Questions or requests for further information can also be sent to this e-mail address.
Applications close Friday, January 31.