Jobs - 31 October 2019
Position Vacant: National Campaigns Director - Sydney
Based in Sydney, as National Campaigns Director you will work collaboratively with the Board and Wilderness Society Group members to build the Wilderness Society's capacity to further its vision and purpose. More specifically you will mentor and guide campaigners in the campaign and organising sections for wilderness and nature protection. You will ensure that the Wilderness Society's campaign and organising strategies are effectively implemented and integrated across the Wilderness Society Group. You will catalyse and facilitate the evolution of the Wilderness Society Group to enable it to respond to, and capitalise on, changing conditions in its operating environment.
Key responsibilities include;
- Manage overall team performance, capacity and professional development of the Campaigns team
- Represent the Wilderness Society publicly at events and lead national media engagement
- Develop partnerships with potential supporters of the Wilderness Society's campaigns
- Direct constructive engagement to effectively influence political parties, industry groups and civil society parties
- Oversee the development of compelling campaigns and activities consistent with the vision and goals of the Wilderness Society
- Harness people power – engage the public, the Wilderness Society's members and supporters to realise the organisation's purpose and achieve its vision and campaign goals
You are passionate about preserving the unique environment of Australia for future generations and bring with you at least 10 years’ experience within a campaigning organisation. You have the ability to clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Ideally, you will possess;
- Degree level qualification in environmental science, marine science, heritage conservation or other relevant discipline
- Proven leadership and extensive management expertise
- Demonstrated experience in achieving results in complex negotiations
- Extensive networks in the political environment
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team to achieve phenomenal outcomes
- Ability to leverage experience in fundraising and communications
This is an opportunity to be part of one of Australia’s largest environmental advocacy organisations with over 40 years of success.
The Wilderness Society is a not-for-profit organisation that people love to work for; it looks after its staff by offering fair pay and fantastic benefits. There is a lot of freedom to make your mark and staff feel empowered to operate at their full potential. There are few organisations in Australia with the same reach around the country, including relationships and reputation for delivering great campaigns. People do what they say at the Wilderness Society and this role will cement your reputation as the leading figure in environmental protection in Australia.
For a confidential discussion contact Nathan Kelly from Talent Nation on 0418 742 529 or apply via job ad on the Talent Nation website.