Jobs - 17 August 2022
Senior Face to Face Fundraising & Engagement Specialist
The Wilderness Society is a grassroots environmental not for profit organisation, building a people-powered movement to protect and restore Australia's pristine natural places. We are proudly independent, meaning we are powered by everyday Australians, allowing us to always speak for nature first. We are dedicated to the protection and restoration of nature and wildlife within Australia.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As part of a small and dynamic team, you will engage with people from all walks of life at a variety of street, shopping centres, and event locations across Melbourne. You will discuss the most urgent issues of our time and inspire people to join the movement by committing vital ongoing funding and support.
An experienced fundraiser, you have the skills to inspire others to support charitable causes and the drive to ensure your own success in the role, all the while leading by example and supporting fellow team members.
You are a confident communicator, you are someone who is passionate about nature and enthusiastic about changing it for the better. You are resilient and you understand the challenges that we face and the need for urgent, collective action.
- Over 18 years old.
- Able to commit to a minimum of 3 full days each week.
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen or holder of a valid working visa.
- At least one year of face to face fundraising experience, preferably in a leadership role.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A fantastic base wage of $34.79 per hour + uncapped bonuses
- Flexible hours - you choose which days you want to work. (minimum 18 hours per week)
- The chance to work for an organisation with a supportive culture that provides career progression opportunities into fundraising team leader, administration & management roles.
- The chance to make a real difference by being part of one of the oldest and most successful independent environmental groups in Australia.
- Opportunities to go on working travel trips to different parts of Australia.
- Work with like-minded legends who really care about the cause.
Please email your current resume outlining your experience and a cover letter describing why you should be our Senior Face to Face Fundraising & Engagement Specialist to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here at TWS we recognise the value of and strongly support Equal Employment Opportunities in the workplace. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people identifying as LGBTIQ+, people with disability and other diversity groups to apply.
Please note that applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for the role.