Wild News: Photo of the month competition - Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
The photo of the month competition is run by The Wilderness Society.
The competition is open to everyone, however any photo you enter must have been taken by you and you must be the sole owner of the copyright.
The theme of the competition is Australian wilderness, so we ask that you enter photos of terrestrial or marine plants, animals and landscapes taken within Australia (including external territories).
The photo(s) should not have been altered by software other than for contrast, brightness, color balance and size if required.
Entry is free but we ask that you submit no more than three (3) photos per month. Photos should be submitted as a digital image (JPG preferred) and should be no larger than 2MB.
Entries close at 5.00pm (EST/EDT) on the date indicated in the most recent edition of Wild News. Entries submitted after this time will be considered for the following months competition.
Each month, one photo will be selected and published in Wild News along with the successful photographer’s name and the caption provided (although this may be edited for space and consistency). No further discussion regarding photo selection will be entered into.
To enter, email your photo along with your full name and a short caption to firstname.lastname@example.org
By entering this competition you are indicating that:
- The copyright of your photo will remain your property.
- The Wilderness Society Inc. may reproduce and/or publish your photo in any form of media for any purpose (including advertising) on the condition that you are acknowledged as the photographer on each occasion.
- You waive the right to inspect or approve any publication incorporating your photo and any right to compensation (financial or otherwise) for the use of your photo by the Wilderness Society Inc.
- You release the Wilderness Society Inc. from any liability that may arise in connection with the misuse of your photo by a third party.
- You agree with these terms and conditions. (If you are under 18 years of age, we ask that you have a parent or guardian review these terms and conditions on your behalf).
For more information please contact: email@example.com