In your community
Australia is a big, beautiful country, full of awe-inspiring landscapes and unique wildlife. That's why The Wilderness Society is spread far and wide—so we can give these ecosystems the protection they deserve.
Find your local campaign centre:
Sign up to Movement For Life—our new community organising program. Designed to put the power back in the hands of the people, Movement For Life offers members and supporters the opportunity to empower themselves and others through comprehensive training. Join a community of passionate local leaders and help us gather momentum for real environmental change.
We're in the middle of a long campaign for native forest protection in Victoria—and, thanks to our volunteers, we're starting to make real ground. State-sponsored logging in high-value conservation areas has directly impacted on the future of the Leadbeater's Possum, Victoria's faunal emblem, which is facing extinction. With your help, we will turn the tide.
- 353-355 King Street, West Melbourne VIC 3003
ph: (03) 9038 0888 | e: email@example.com
- Campaign Manager: Amelia Young
- South West Victoria Campaigner: Geraldine Ryan
- Community Organiser: Ben Campbell
- Community Organiser: Tria Manley
Connect with us: Follow us on Twitter
The Sydney Wilderness Society campaign centre is building a movement of trained, empowered, coordinated and committed people who can demand real environmental change of our decision-makers. If you have a passion for making change and care about the environment, you have a place in our movement!
- Level 2, 46-56 Kippax St, Surry Hills NSW 2010
ph: (02) 8199 5300 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nature as a climate solution: harnessing the potential of nature to keep our planet healthy and resilient to climate change
- Campaign Manager: Suzanne Milthorpe
- Lead Community Organiser: Teryn Crick
- Community Organiser: Charlotte McCabe
- Community Organiser: Lauren Frost
We're committed to working with volunteers, supporters, individuals and communities right across Queensland to build a state that respects our natural environment. Our focus is on stopping the land clearing crisis in Queensland, and building robust communities capable of standing up for their values.
- 67 Boundary Street, West End QLD 4101
ph: (07) 3846 1420 | e: email@example.com
The Wilderness Society Tasmania is working to protect Tasmania’s environment and ensure a safe climate and healthy environment for future generations. Our campaigns have been successful because of the hard work of countless volunteers across the country. We believe in the power of people to make change! Even a few hours each week can make a huge difference.
130 Davey St, Hobart TAS 7000
ph: (03) 6224 1550 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org
174 Charles St, Launceston TAS 7250
ph: (03) 6331 7488 | e: email@example.com
- Gaining formal protection for the takayna/Tarkine
- Safeguarding Tasmania's forests from logging and mining
- Campaign Manager: Vica Bayley
- Senior Community Organiser: Liz Johnstone (Hobart)
- Community Organiser: Ruth Groom (Launceston)
To learn more about volunteering opportunities in Tasmania—such as helping out on the Salamanca stall and participating in citizen science programs, actions, workshops and trainings—please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Hobart) or email@example.com (Launceston), or attend a weekly Wednesday lunch meeting.
We're leading the fight against coal seam gas exploration in the Pilliga, with a whole community of concerned locals behind us.
21 Gordon Avenue, Hamilton NSW 2303p: (02) 9045 0601 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campaign Manager: Naomi Crystal Hodgson
Campaigner: Stacey Chilcott
- Community Campaigner: Charlotte McCabe
Connect with us: Join our Facbook group
South Australia contains some of the most pristine land and sea wilderness left anywhere on Earth, and is the gateway to the outback. Wherever you look, South Australia's nature is as abundant as it is ecologically important, and we're working hard to protect it.
- Level 7, 118 King William St, Adelaide SA 5000
ph: (08) 8231 6586 | e: email@example.com
- Director: Peter Owen
- Community Outreach Coordinator: Tammy-Jo Sutton
- Community Organiser: Cristel Chambers
To learn more about volunteering opportunities in South Australia, upcoming events and training dates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Australia's largest state is home to unique nature, rare wildlife and rich cultural heritage—from pristine reef systems to the some of the tallest forests in the entire world. We work with communities, inspiring and empowering local people to collectively shape a better future for Western Australia and our planet.
- 2 Delhi St, West Perth WA 6005
ph: (08) 9420 7255 | e: email@example.com
- Protecting the Kimberley from mining and large-scale development
- Gaining conservation status for the Great Western Woodlands
- State Director: Jenita Enevoldsen
- Senior Campaigner: Peter Robertson
- Community Organiser: Marcel Teschendorff
To learn more about volunteering opportunities in Western Australia, upcoming events and training dates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.