"Be the change you want to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi.
In 1976 a small group of Australians, including a young man named Bob Brown, came together at a bush property in Liffey, Tasmania, to discuss how they might take action to prevent the destruction of amazing wilderness areas they knew and loved.
Thus, the Wilderness Society was founded on the principle that good people, acting together, can embody the change they wish to see in the world.
Subsequent decades have proven this theory right time and again and, together, we’ve achieved some incredible wins for nature.
But as the threats to our environment grow, so do does our need for people who will stand with us and demand that our country’s most beautiful and iconic places be protected for the benefit of Australians now, and in the years to come.
Becoming a member is the single best thing you can do to support our vision for Australia’s wild places.
Your membership will make a difference in two important ways:
- Your financial contribution will help us fund our important work supporting grassroots direct action while simultaneously lobbying decision-makers in corporate boardrooms and Canberra.
- Your membership will make an important statement about Australians’ love for wild places. When you become a member, you help to grow our numbers and give us the power to act as a strong, cohesive movement for nature.
Become a member today and join a long, proud history of Australians banding together to protect our precious environment for future generations.
Along with the satisfaction of knowing that you’re helping to protect Australia’s special wild places, becoming a member will see you receive the following great benefits:
- A member’s information pack, including a Wilderness Society sticker so you can display your commitment to nature loud and proud!
- Our twice-yearly magazine, featuring the latest environmental news and beautiful full-colour wilderness photography from some of Australia’s best photographers, delivered straight to your doorstep.
- A free subscription to our monthly e-newsletter, packed with up-to-the minute news on environmental issues along, and easy ways that you can take action, plus links, competitions and give-aways.
- Access to staff at your local campaign centre who, if you’re keen, will help you get involved in local actions, events, and trips.
- Discounts on Wilderness Society merchandise, including our famous Wilderness Society Calendar.
Become a member and begin taking advantage of these great benefits today!