Employer: The Wilderness Society Newcastle Inc.
Work Type/s: Full time or Part Time
Classification/s: Advocacy & Campaigns, Environment & Sustainability
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Regional NSW/Newcastle
Level: 4 or 5 Depending on Experience
Are you passionate about environmental protection and preventing dangerous climate change? Do you have experience in campaign planning, research, advocacy, and community engagement?
This position is flexible regarding responsibility level, pay rate and hours depending on the skills, experience and desire of the applicants.
Pay rate is a Level 5 for a Management and Level 4 for a Campaign position. Conditions are as set out in The Wilderness Society Enterprise agreement.
WHO WE ARE
The Wilderness Society is an environmental advocacy organisation supported by around 30,000 members. Since 1976, we've been at the forefront of many historic campaigns, including the Franklin River, Fraser Island, Tasmanian Forests, and James Price Point in the Kimberley.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Commitment to The Wilderness Society values.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strategic and innovative approaches to problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of environmental regulatory frameworks and a capacity to engage in official processes, including preparing formal submissions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in producing campaign materials for a variety of audiences.
- A minimum 2 years experience in campaigning or demonstrably similar roles; including campaign planning, media, lobbying, research and analysis.
For a higher level Management role:
- A minimum 4 years experience in campaigning or demonstrably similar roles; including campaign planning, media, lobbying, research and analysis.
- Experience in project management and in people management.
- High level experience in team leadership, networking and alliance building.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Current licence and willingness to drive to remote locations in North West NSW.
- Scientific qualifications; ecology, hydrology, biology, environmental science etc.
- Skills and experience in community organising and in group facilitation and/or training.
- Experience working with First Nations people, and/or any other non-peer demographic.
- Confidence in public speaking.
Full position descriptions for each role are attached below.
Inquiries about the role or for a copy of the PD please contact Katelijn Hullegie,
Business Manager of the Newcastle Campaign Centre on 0404 227 660
Your application must include:
- A cover letter
- A written response outlining your responses to selection criteria (max two pages)
- CV/ Resume
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com using subject line Campaigner
Applications close COB 1st of August 2018